Saturday, December 25, 2010

People will see a different Riya in Naukadubi

Actress Riya Sen, who made a name for herself as a glamorous starlet with masala Bollywood films like Apna Sapna Money Money, Shaadi No 1 and Qayamat,hopes that people will get to see a different her in Rituparno Ghosh's Noukadubi where she plays a demure wife.

Riya, who stars alongside her sister Raima in the movie, does not feel that she could not find good roles because of her glamorous image.

"I am used to doing up my face before going in front of the camera but in this film my opening shot was the ship wreck. I did the make-up really well, then they smudged it. But I enjoyed that.

"I won't say that being glamorous has made much difference but I am confident that I am different in the movie," Riya told reporters at the ongoing International Film Festival of India.

Granddaughter of Bengali screen legend Suchitra Sen, Riya says that despite belonging to the state she never got a chance to star in any movie from the region until Noukadubi.

"It was really a novel experience for me to return to my roots after such a long time. It is strange that I never got the chance to act in Bengali cinema before this. Working in the film was fun. We shot most of parts in various places in the state, including Shantiniketan," she added.


The 29-year-old actress said though the film is an adaptation of Tagore's novel, in the film she is not portrayed as a beautiful woman.

"In the novel, Kamala is so beautiful that the hero forgets his first love for some time but in the movie I am not portrayed like that. I am not beautiful in the movie," she said.

SOURCE : movies.ndtv.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...